Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 10:04 AM AST
Contributed by: NicolaJoseph
The housing sector in Tobago has been allocated $31.2 million under the Housing and Settlements Expansion Programme to continue implementation of approximately 17 projects, as part of Government’s Public Sector Investment Programme 2011. These include home construction, disbursement of home improvement subsidies and grants and home ownership housing subsidies.
Provision has been made for implementation of new initiatives involving the revitalization of Milford Court Commercial Plaza and construction of a facility to accommodate the elderly in the Delaford/L’Anse Fourmi area.
Other activities are scheduled to continue as follows:
• $19 million to facilitate reimbursement of the Housing Development Corporation, HDC and continue construction of housing units at Castara, Blenheim and Adventure
• $0.5 million for construction of a 400-foot box drain at Signal Hill Housing Estate
• Preparation of designs for a Home Owners Association building under the Roxborough Town Expansion Programme
• Preparation of designs and infrastructural works for Charlotteville Village Expansion and Mt. Irvine and Shirvan Road Housing Developments
• Commencements of developments at Belle Garden, Courland and Adelphi Estates
• Financial assistance for home completion
• $6 million for disbursement of grants and subsidies for home repairs
CREDITS: Information sourced from Government’s publication “Facing the Issues: Turning the Economy Around”
Photo by Yuya Tamai