Friday, December 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM AST
Contributed by: NicolaJoseph
The importance of infrastructure to the development of Tobago remains high. As part of Government’s Public Sector Investment Programme, the Tobago House of Assembly diligently pursued its quest to continue providing the necessary infrastructure to enable Tobago to continue on its path of growth and development.
In 2010, $54.5 million was utilized in the Roads and Bridges sector. Of this sum, $7 million was allocated for major improvement works on secondary roads. Several projects were completed, including:
• 381 metres of box drains at Canaan/Bon Accord Estate Road
• Box drains, curb and slippers on the sidewalk at Bowson Gully
• Construction of a retaining wall at Top Hill, Pembroke
• Completion of forty (40) metres of box drains and sidewalks at Signal Hill Branch Road
• Construction of a box drain and sidewalk and widening of the road on the Mt. Pleasant Drain Project
An allocation of $1.5 million for the Windward Road Special Development Programme facilitated the completion of the King’s Bay Hill projects.