follow us @wwwnewscottTweet this
Who's OnlineGuest Users: 990
Become a registered userBefore it's here available free to the public, our registered users get it in their inboxes along with the option to buy the publication rights for it
Text 'REG USER' to 1-868-291-5781 to buy a corporate account
Welcome to Breaking News Trinidad and Tobago
Searched for the phrase ''. Showing 181 - 210 of 482 results (0.0140 seconds). Refine search
181. Baha Mar paves way for layoffs: Nassau Guardian
Baha Mar is a US$3.5 billion resort 97% completed in the Bahamas.
182. IDB to fund US$800k project for Caribbean tourists' ...
It is still to be confirmed if it's a loan or a grant but the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) will supply the Port of Spain-based Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) with US$800,000 for a "tourist health" project on a 3-year trial basis.
183. Looking for a job in paradise? St Kitts ...
Statement from the Government of St Kitts and Nevis:
184. St Kitts & Nevis becomes third Caribbean country ...
St Kitts & Nevis today became the third Caribbean Community (CARICOM) nation to ban poultry and poultry product imports from several U.S. states following reports of an outbreak of Bird Flu.
185. Eastern Caribbean Central Bank relinquishes control of Antigua ...
The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) relinquished control of Antigua's ABI Bank Ltd, ECCB Deputy Governor Trevor Brathwaite said in a notice Friday.
187. Trinidad & Tobago's non-energy sector growth weaker than ...
At its July 2015 meeting, Central Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) agreed to raise the ‘Repo’ rate for a sixth consecutive time by 25 basis points to 4.25 percent.
188. IMF forecasts oil between US$63 and US$50 per ...
The International Monetary Fund's base case forecasts assume an oil price of US$63 per barrel in 2016, with a downside case of US$50 per barrel, according to September 2, 2015 Morgan Stanley research.
189. Jamaica economy projected to grow
Real GDP is assessed to have expanded within the range of 0.5 per cent to 1.5 per cent for the June 2015 quarter, the second consecutive quarter of growth, said Bank of Jamaica Governor Bryan Wynter in his quarterly monetary policy report released this month.
190. South Korea oil demand grows
South Korean demand returned to y-o-y growth in December after a three-month hiatus, as particularly strong demand for industrial fuels led an upsurge in momentum. December demand of 2.5 mb/d, up 1.4% y-o-y, was roughly in line with expectations, however. Supporting this upturn has been a recovery in the widely ...
191. Jamaica economy improving
The negative trends that once characterized Jamaica's economy are reversing, the Caribbean island nation's central bank governor has said.
193. Japan opens new embassy in Barbados
Japan has opened a new embassy in Barbados, the Caribbean island's government said in a March 10 statement.
194. Bahamas Electricity Corporation saves 14.9% on fuel thanks ...
Indications are that the Bahamian economy’s positive, but mild growth momentum was sustained during the review month, amid stable gains in tourism output and foreign investment related construction activity, Bahamas Central Bank said last night in its monthly report.
195. What will happen to PetroCaribe under Venezuela's new ...
Someone in Jamaica is starting to ask the right questions.
196. Jamaica Tackling Tough Challenges: IMF
By Dominique Simard, Caribbean Corner, IMF
197. Caribbean-based Digicel will not IPO in current market ...
Digicel issued the following statement today from Bermuda.
198. CDB approves US$5m loan, US$200k grant for Turks ...
Funds to cover economic and transportation programmes.
199. Erika takes 4 Dominican lives, damages major roads, ...
Hurricane Danny passed straight and weakened as it neared land but Tropical Storm Erika lashed the tiny island of Dominica hard.
200. Curacao mulls mandatory company pension for all employees
Introduction On July 29, 2014, independent Member of Parliament, Mrs. Leeflang, presented draft legislation which provides for a mandatory company pension for all employees in Curaçao (in Dutch “Landsverordening Verplicht aanvullend minimum Bedrijfspensioen”). The reason for presenting this draft legislation is that more than 50% of the employees in Curaçao ...
201. Life's lessons - Where people spend Christmas
People spend Christmas either with the matriarch or patriarch of the family, or with the wealthiest or most professionally successful member of the family. It's a very materialistic outlook but that's the way it is.
203. IMF warns Barbados to curb spending, clear arrears
Delayed by the government of Barbados, which had not given the International Monetary Fund (IMF) permission to release its statement on an Article IV consultation that ended since June 19, the IMF release came out almost stealthily late Friday evening.
204. Eastern Caribbean Central Bank names Timothy Antoine new ...
Antoine will be based in St Kitts. His appointment is effective February 1, 2016.
206. Aruba grew its net foreign assets by about ...
Aruba grew its net foreign assets organically in June. It also kept inflation contained. Venezuelan migration to Aruba also seems to have stopped as the "tourism" arrivals from Latin America plummeted.
207. TCL exit would be "major blow" to Barbados ...
Although Trinidad Cement Limited's (TCL's) shares were last traded on the Barbados Stock Exchange (BSE) August 21, 2014, the Caribbean island's Nation newspaper reported a TCL exit from the BSE would be a "major blow," to the country's securities market. The biggest impact could be an overall reduction of the ...
208. Taiwan gives St Kitts & Nevis EC$2 million ...
Back Row Standing (L-R) Mr. Calvin Pemberton; Mr. Osbert DeSuza; Mr. Calvin Edwards Front Row Seated (L-R) Mrs. Josephine Huggins; Prime Minister, Dr. the Hon. Timothy Harris; H.E. Ambassador George Gow Wei Chiou By SKNIS
209. Bahamas gov't said not to know Baha Mar ...
Government invites opposition to meeting, saying this is no time for playing politics, and denying that it has been misleading Bahamians about Baha Mar.
210. Life's lessons - humans are the only animals ...
On the bright side, we are also the only animals that can make ourselves happy when we have no reason to be.
Copyright © 2017 Breaking News Trinidad and Tobago
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
Powered by Geeklog
Created this page in 0.11 seconds